DIY Pallet Coffee Rack!
The wood pallet has revolutionized decorating recently. Here is just one of the many ideas that you can find swarming around the internet and decorating homes. This is a coffee mug rack that is super simple to make. Scroll down for more instructions. If you make this I’d love to see a picture!
Materials and Equipment:
- Hooks and screws
- Paint, letter stencils, sponge brush (Optional
- Right angle ruler
- Ruler or tape measure
- Safety glasses
- Circular Saw
- Cordless Drill
- This is a fourth of the pallet, so first decide which fourth has the best-looking wood.
- Mark where you want to cut using a pencil and right angle ruler.
- Next cut along your pencil markings using a circular saw. ****Make sure to wear safety goggles**
- First, a couple of notes:
(1) You may want to power wash your pallet before you dive into this project since you’ll be hanging things that you drink out of on it!
(2) I added the COFFEE detail on the top, but this is obviously optional! The top board was longer, so I decided to add some words instead of hooks.
- Once you have your mini pallet, sand it down! How much you sand is up to you, but make sure it is smooth enough that you won’t get splinters when you hang up your coffee cups.
- Next I painted COFFEE on the top. I used letter stencils and a sponge brush. I’m really happy with how it turned out! (Sorry I didn’t get a picture while I was doing it!)
- Putting on the hooks was probably the most difficult part. Use a ruler (or tape measure) and pencil to mark exactly where you want the hooks to go, then drill them in. My hooks weren’t totallyeven, but once we hung the coffee cups you could hardly notice!
- Lowes sells these hooks for $1.50 each.
Here are a few additional facts and tips:
- The final “mini pallet” is 20.75″ x 25″. The top board is 5.5″ and the other 3 are 3.5″ tall. The stencil letters I used are 3″ tall.
- Here are a couple of pictures of how we hung it up. As I mentioned in the comments, we kept one of boards on the back of the pallet and rested that on two nails in the wall.
If you are wanting more wood pallet crafts click here to find 23 Awesome DIY Wood Pallet Ideas !!
Thank you, littlebirdblog!