Just as paying full price for groceries is for suckers, the same is true when it comes to college! College is an expenditure, costly, although entirely worth it. However, one should shop around for the best deals possible. While some students can only receive the education they need at high dollar halls of education, still others can find all they need at a local technical college. Whether you’re a working parent or fresh out of high school, you need to find the place that fulfills all of your needs and educational goals.
With this in mind, Thrifty Momma Ramblings, home of all the expert advice on frugal living, is offering a $500 college scholarship to help men and women alike pay for the education they so desire. It doesn’t matter if you’re headed for Harvard or a local community college. What we care about is how well you can express your ideas.
Yes, you’ve probably written tons of essays in your illustrious high school career, but this one is worth $500 smackeroos toward your education. What we want to know is simply this. What is the biggest and best bargain you’ve ever come across? Why was it significant? How much money did you save? Did you know others who had paid full price? Tell us all about it in 1500 words. Check out some of our recent money-saving articles to get ideas, and keep in mind the following:
- Deadline December 31st, 2018
- Winner announced July 31st, 2019
- Once you’ve hit the submit button sending your essay, there’s no getting it back. So, spell check, grammar check and make sure it’s all just the way you want it before you hit send.
- Must be a high school graduate with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must be applied and accepted to an accredited college
- All grade levels are eligible to apply from high school senior on up to graduate school
That’s right, get those creative juices flowing and send in an interesting, humorous or just plain factual essay to us, using the form below. And remember, paying full price for college is for SUCKERS!