This activity uses recycled eggs, is cost effective, and would totally be so much fun for the kids to play and create at the same time. You will also get a painting that you will be able to hang and adorn your playroom or kids bedroom walls. Scroll down to get all the instructions to this fun filled activity. If you create this, send me a picture I’d love to see your kiddos creations!
Paint Filled Eggs on Canvas
- Emptied eggshells
- Paint (we used washable tempera)
- Tissue paper
- A glue stick
- Optional: A canvas- you could also use poster board or paper
- Use a butter knife to gently crack the top of the shells, making a hole big enough for the egg to pass through.
- Give the eggshells a quick rinse with warm water and anti-bacterial soap and place them back into the carton to dry.
- Fill the eggs with paint.
- Seal them using tissue paper and glue.
- Use a glue stick to cover one side of a tissue paper square and then gently stick that over each egg opening.
- Allow the kids to freely throw the eggs at a canvas.
- Let the canvas dry and decorate your wall with your kiddos egg art!