I wanted to discuss some hair color tips that I have found help me to get the best color possible. I get lots of compliments on my hair color and looks very natural.
Many people are very afraid of coloring their own hair at home. I can definitely understand those concerns.
I use Natural Instincts Hair Color which gives me great color at a very affordable price. I can afford to color my hair a little more often by doing it myself.
I am not going more than a shade or two darker than my natural hair color.
I like to use a nice auburn which adds in dark red highlights to my dark brown hair. It looks great in the sunlight.
- I always wear an old shirt or old towel before starting. That way it doesn’t ruin a good shirt.
- Also a good idea to use a drop cloth or towel to stand on in case of any drips.
- To prevent staining around your hairline, try using a layer of petroleum jelly which creates a barrier.
- I also like to section out my hair before mixing the dye.
- I prefer to use gloves like stylists and bought a bag at a beauty supply store for less than $3.00 for a pack. These are much stronger than the ones provided for me in the box.
- I have bought a brush made to spread on the hair color which. I just squirt out a decent amount and then spread it out more evenly.
Then I allow it to process, rinse it out and condition. I hope some of these tips help you to color your own hair.
Don’t forget to Download a digital coupon for a different product each day straight to your shopper card at the Cart Buster site for great deals on your favorite products at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores!
Disclaimer: I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective.