Did you know that medical marijuana is legal in 11 states?
As marijuana becomes more mainstream in America, more people are becoming familiar with vaping and smoking. You may have heard the term dabbing, which is a powerful method to ingest the max amount of cannabinoids that you possibly can from a marijuana plant.
Cannabinoids are a therapeutic chemical compound of cannabis. While many people may be nervous to use dabbing, because of the complexity of this method of consuming marijuana, if you need a higher amount of THC to achieve your marijuana goals, dabbing can help you.
Are you interested in learning about dabbing? We created a complete and comprehensive guide to understanding marijuana dabbing. Keep reading to learn more!
What Are Dabs?
Dabs are a concentrate of the chemical compounds of cannabinoids. By extracting one of the two major cannabinoids, which are CBD and THC, you can use dabs to provide you with an illicit high or to treat your aches and pains.
Depending on the extractor, some dabs contain a higher concentration of CBD, while most dabs have a large level of THC.
Here’s a closer look at the most popular kinds of dabs you’ll run into:
- Shatter: this type of job has a texture that’s like glass, with a translucent finish. It’s easy to tear apart, but you can shatter it using a dabber device.
- Wax: wax has a consistency that’s comparable to a combination of buttery and oily, very similar to peanut butter.
- Butter: butter isn’t entirely a solid or a liquid. Depending on the extractor, it could have a similar appearance to shatter or be completely liquid.
- Live resin: another dab that differs by the extractors, live resin is made using cannabis flower buds that have been frozen. These freshly collected flower buds have a larger concentration of terpenes, unlike other traditionally dried cannabis flowers.
- Crumble: also commonly known as ‘honeycomb’, crumble dab has a dryer extract than other types of dabs.
- Honey oil: known for its profound amber color, honey oil has a runny or consistency than shatter does.
- Bubble hash: bubble hash has a brittle texture. It’s made from frozen flower buds and that have been soaked in ice water. Once the frozen buds have been soaked, they’re drained through a bag.
- Snap and pool: known for it’s toffee-like consistency that’s very sticky.
There are many different types of data options on the market, depending on what you’re looking for. Let’s take a closer look at what dabbing is.
Are you interested in learning more about cannabis tabs? Check out this interesting cannabis dabs article.
What Is Dabbing?
Dabbing is the method of using cannabis extracts through a compact dab pen. However, a dab rig utilizes a nail. On a dab rig, the drabber will heat the nail with a flame until the nail has reached the ideal temperature to decrease a small amount of cannabis extract in.
Once the cannabis extract is inside, it’ll begin to vaporize. You’ll then be able to inhale cannabis vapor.
How Are Dabs Made?
There’s a large variety of removal techniques that are used to separate the chemical compound that’s located in the trichomes on a marijuana plant. The flower buds on a cannabis plant have a greater strength of cannabinoids then the stalks and leaves have.
For extractors to get the cannabinoids out of a cannabis, the type of high-quality equipment that’s used depends on the type of dab.
Butane is utilized to make a variation of dabs, such as wax, oil, and shatter. The cannabis materials and butane are collected into a column for a close-loop system that reduces the potential of leaking during the creation of a dab.
There’s a solvent strip that’s located inside of the close-loop system that removes the cannabinoids.
Carbon Dioxide Extraction
This type of extraction uses carbon dioxide out of a variety of temperatures and pressures to convert the cannabinoids to a liquid state. This type of extraction is the safest method you can use when creating dabs.
How Strong Is a Dab?
If you’re looking to step up the potency of the marijuana you’re consuming, dabs are much more potent than cannabis flowers.
The highest strength strains of cannabis flower have between 25% to 35% THC content. However, dabs can have over 90% THC content.
Marijuana beginners shouldn’t start with that big of a dose, as the effects of THC can be overwhelming on your first try. If you’ve never dabbed before, you can start off with a minimal amount to have a better understanding of how dab affects your body.
While the initial effects of dab only last a few hours, the THC from the dog will remain in your system for several days. The overall strength of the dab you take depends on the size and the type of dab.
Understanding Marijuana Dabbing
Using dabbing for your medical marijuana needs is a great way to receive a higher potency for medicinal purposes. As dabbing grows in popularity, you should be sure to always look for a concentrate that’s been tested by a third-party laboratory.
There are different strengths of dabs, so if you’re a beginner to using dabs, be sure to start off with a small dosage. Once you have an understanding of how the potency of dabs affect you, you can increase your dosage.
Are you interested in learning more about how to use marijuana to treat your medical condition? Check out our blog for more information.